Luminous Lagoon Tour from Ocho Rios
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PBJ8PM
Make your way to Falmouth where you will begin a night boat tours of the famous Luminous Lagoon. You will see things that will make you appreciate the beauty Mother nature has created for us to witness and experience! Truly, a sight to be seen! If you're staying in Jamaica, be sure to with Glistening Waters.
You can enjoy a delicious meal and cocktail at the restaurant first, and then take a boat tour out onto the lagoon. As the boat cruises around, the water is disturbed and the organisms begin to glow. You will see an eerie light show illuminating from the back of the boat and all around from the wake. This tour of the Luminous Lagoon takes approximately 35-40 minutes.
This lagoon, surrounded by mangroves, is home to microscopic organisms that emit a phosphorescent light when agitated. The water glows a beautiful blue and becomes illuminated when these organisms are disturbed. As the fish in the lagoon swim and dart around, you can see their outlines as streaks of light, shooting around in the darkness of night. When it rains, the lagoon 'lights up' with the drops of water dancing on the surface. Truly an amazing experience!
- At the Luminous Lagoon if you wish to bring photography equipment, keep in mind that high quality, high resolution, DSLR cameras work best. Do NOT use a flash as you won't see a thing.
- Bring extra cash if you intend to have a meal at the Luminous Lagoon
- Round-Trip transportation
- Tour Admission fee
- Well appointed air conditioned vehicles
- Professional Chauffeurs
- Food and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)