Journey of the Slaves, The British & Spanish Invaders from Ocho Rios
- Duration : 5 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : PSRDHW
Experience the journey taken by Tainos, African slaves, slave traders, Pirates, British Army & the Spanish Army over 100 years ago. See and witness the remains of the brutal slave trade and stand in the location where the fiercest battle was fought.Highlights
- Rio Nuevo Museum Tour
- Experience how the native Jamaicans lives.
- Enjoy the beautiful flora and fauna as you travel along the coast and into the hills.
- Stop for Lunch at a local eatery.
After your pick up, travel along the picturesque north coast of Jamaica to the famous "Fire Fly Look Out," a spot used by the famous Captain Morgan to identify the ships he would later plunder in Port Royal. After taking in the beautiful scenery, you will be taken to the Rio Nuevo Battle Site and Museum where you will then experience the brutal instruments of slavery, a well as the ruins of a Taino settlement.
Learn about the fiercest battle between the Spanish and the British in a bid to capture Jamaica followed by a journey into the rain forest along the parish border to Lodge - a former slave district once known as "Lodge Yard" - where a slave plantation was located. Your tour will take you to a final stop in Mile End - a district where all the slaves from Lodge Yard lived.
Grab a bite to eat at the local Jerk Pit or a refreshing drink at the bar before heading back to your hotel or cruise ship.
- Hotel/Port Pick-up and Drop-off
- Admission Fees
- Well appointed Private air-conditioned vehicles
- English Speaking Guide
- Food and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual, bring cash for meals and drinks