Ocho Rios Outback Adventure Day Tour with Camel Ride from Ocho Rios
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Ocho Rios
- Product code: PQJWSS
You will be picked up your hotel in Ocho Rios or the Cruise Port by one of our licensed chauffeur bearing your group name. The tour begins as you come aboard the air-conditioned vehicle and head to Prospect Outback Adventures, one of Jamaica’s oldest estates owned by Sir Harold Mitchell. Enjoy a complimentary drink then board the “Jitney”, an open-aired tractor drawn carriage, to embark on a unique sightseeing journey through time.
As you ride along, your entertaining and informative tour guide will amuse you with tails of this amazing estate and those that once inhabited it. Be amazed as you are shown Jamaica’s flora and the secret medicinal powers that they hold; some of which are still being used today.
Get a bird’s eye view of the Magnificent White River George as it rushes through the lush rain forest below, separating two parishes.
No doubt…you will hear tales of the “Buccaneers” as you view the channel between the two Islands known as the “Spanish Main” … this was the main route taken by ships en route to Spain from Central America.
As you continue this amazing journey, watch in amazement as “Farmer Brown” climbs a 30 foot coconut tree. Discover the medicinal secrets of our local fruits and then sample these delicious and exotic fares. While you travel along, pay attention and see hundreds of tress planted by famous and influential people such as in Sir Winston Churchill, Charlie Chaplin, Shakira, Drew Barrymore and the list goes on.
As you pass Camel Park, stop and watch these beautiful, gentle giants as they graze happily in their environment and meet Cindy, the first Jamaican Camel. At the Camel Park, trainers will give you a brief orientation and background on each of the camels you will be interacting with. While you wait to saddle up, feel free just to observe, cuddle or take your photo with one of the friendly camels. Experience an amazing Camel Trek trail with your new companion and see how docile and gentle your new friends are as you trek our amazing tropical Jamaican estate. .
Your next stop is the Island Gully Falls Blue Hole adventure. Cliff jumping is optional and those who do not participate can have just as much fun watching. Journey through the coastal town of Ocho Rios seeing the locals way of life. Continue through the villages of White River and Exchange as you head towards higher elevation. Start experiencing the rainforest of Calia Gully with a decent of a 100 ft to its bottom as we continue towards River Gully.
Now you are in the rainforest "River Gully" where your adventure becomes epic with the water falls climbing, blue hole jumping and underwater cave exploration at the "Island Gully Falls & Blue Hole". Next travel further into the rainforest to Hidden Beauty Rainforest Oasis to complete the tour.
You will head back into Ocho Rios for your Blu Beach experience, a must do for all visitors entering the Port of Ocho Rios. Enjoy a scenic ride to the white sand, warm, blue waters of Blu Beach. Choose from a wide range of beach activities designed for fun and relaxation:
- Lounge in your private cabana
- Relax with a 10 minutes Swedish massage
- Get pretty with a Caribbean hair braid
- Play free beach volleyball
- Drink up at the bar
- Restaurant with the best Caribbean cuisine
- Enjoy lunch at the Jerk Pit with the famous Jamaican jerk chicken & pork
- Get adventurous with Jet Pack, the Rocket Man activity
Then return to your hotel or ship in air conditioned comfort as you savor the memories of your adventure.
- Round Trip Transportation
- Attraction Admission fees
- Prospect Estate Jitney Adventure and Camel Ride tour with Safety Orientation and Gear (Safety Helmet)
- Island Gully Falls & Blue Hole
- Bamboo Blu Beach
- Shopping Stop
- Lunch Stop
- Lunch and Drinks
- Blu Beach Activities
- Comfortable Clothing and Closed Shoes are suggested
- Cash for souvenir and food.
- A change of clothing after Wet n Dirty Adventure Tour suggested.
- Towel and water shoe
- Children under 12 yrs. must be accompanied by a paying adult. Additionally, 8-17 years old must have an adult sign the waiver in order for them to participate in activities that require this.
Activity Duration: 5 Hours 30 min
Tour Duration: 8 Hours