Ocho Rios Sightseeing and Fern Gully Tour from Ocho Rios
- Duration : 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Ocho Rios, St. Ann
- Product code : PHYMMY
Get a sweet taste of Ocho Rios as you step onto the soil of Jamaica. Your personal private licensed tour bus/car awaits you for pick up at port side or hotel for your exited yet relaxing day in the tropics.
- Hotel/port pick up & drop off
- Scenic drive into Fern Gully
- Spend the time learning about Ocho Rios and the local culture
- Complementary lunch stop (Meals not included)
Ocho Rios (Spanish for "Eight Rivers") is a town in the on the north coast of Jamaica. Inside the town, travelers and residents can visit craft markets and fruits & vegetable market where local craftsmen and farmers carry their local produce to sell. One feature which stand out in the town of Ocho Rios is the huge clock tower. Once a functioning time piece this land mark is over 100 years old. Ocho Rios was once a fishing village but now caters to tourists from all over the world.The name "Ocho Rios" is misapplied because there are not eight rivers in the area. It is most likely a British corruption of the original Spanish name "Las Chorreras" (" waterfalls"), a name given to the village because of the nearby Dunn's River Falls. (Dunn's River Falls can be chosen as an optional tour as you proceed to check out however Beach time will no longer be available)
Learn about Fern Gully, a unique rain-forest with a main road to traverse through its midst and boasting over 200 different varieties of ferns. Though the origin of the Fern Gully is uncertain, many has said that it had possibly started out with an underground river flowing through caves and later the roofs collapsed. Some have also suggested that it was created in the 1760s by a flash flood. Many writers such as Marianne North 1871, Lady Brassey 1883, Antonio Gallenga 1873 wrote about Gully Road on their Voyages to Ocho Rios.
On the way back from Fern Gully have lunch (meals and drinks not included) at one of Jamaica's famous jerk centres, enjoying the delicious meal with an ice cold Red Stripe beer or tropical fruit drinks followed but a little time in the sun as you relax at turtle beach before heading back to your hotel or cruise ship with a heart filled with Jamaica!
- Hotel/Port pick up and drop off
- All Admission Fees
- Well-appointed air-conditioned vehicles
- Complimentary Bottle of Water
- Meals and Drinks
- Gratuity (Optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 Adults per reservation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual, wear swim wear under your cloths and water shoes
- Not Wheelchair accessible
- Group Specials available for groups of 21 or more persons, click contact us option to your right to make your request.